Unsolicited requests to [email protected]
1) DATA CONTROLLER
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
2) USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Assess your request and triage it to the corresponding area in Genmab
- Respond to your request
3) CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data: Full name, private and/or business email address, additional personal data you might share with us in your communication;
- Special categories of personal data: when inquiring about eligibility for a clinical trial, occasionally you might share with us your health data
The personal data we process are provided by you. In some circumstances, we received your personal data from your healthcare provider (HCP), a family member, or another person on your behalf.
5) LEGAL BASIS
We may process your personal data described above based on the following legal bases:
Art. 6 (1) litra c of the GDPR; Processing is necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation to which Genmab is subject, namely the Clinical Trials Regulation (EU) No. 536/2014.
Art. 6 (1) litra f, processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by the controller. The legitimate interest pursued by Genmab in connection with the processing of your data is:
- The handling of incoming communication and triaging it to the appropriate area in the company
When you have chosen to share your health information with us, either directly or through your HCP, family members or others on your behalf, the processing of this data will be based on Art.9 (2) litra a, as we understand that by actively sending your health data to Genmab you have expressed your explicit consent for processing this personal data for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
6) SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with other entities in the Genmab group to ensure your request is resolved. In some cases, where your request relates to a clinical trial, we might share your data with the relevant clinical site for the appropriate individuals to contact you in relation to your query.
7) TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Your personal data may be transferred within the EEA or to countries outside the EEA, that are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection of your personal data compared to the EEA. Instead we have provided appropriate safeguards as required by GDPR art. 49 (1) through EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
When transferring your personal data to vendors in the United States, we rely on their self-certification to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework (link) or, when this is not the case, on EU standard contractual clauses.
You may obtain a copy of the EU standard contractual clauses by contacting Us at: [email protected].
8) RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal data for as long as required to assess its contents and provide you with a response; and we will delete your electronic correspondence as soon as your request has been resolved.
9) YOUR RIGHTS
In general, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. It is therefore not certain for example you have the right of data portability in the specific case – this depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
Last updated: August 2023