1) DATA CONTROLLER
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
Genmab A/S (CVR no. 21023884)
Carl Jacobsens Vej 30,
Contact details (if you have inquiries and/or questions to our processing of your personal data): [email protected].
2) USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Registration of your invention in our internal patent database (Memotech) as well as with the relevant patent authorities as required by law, e.g. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
3) CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data: Full name, nationality, private and/or business address, private and/or business email address
The personal data we process are provided by you and/or your employer.
5) LEGAL BASIS
We may process your personal data described above based on the following legal basis:
Art. 6 (1) litra c of the GDPR; Processing is necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation to which Genmab is subject.
This legal obligation is established by, amongst others:
- Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Convention on the Grant of European Patents of 1973 and its subsequent amendments
- Patentloven (as published in LBK nr. 90 of 29/01/2019). Patent law of Denmark
6) SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
- Our Memotech system vendor, Clarivate.
- Group entities (our affiliates in the Netherlands, Japan and the United States of America)
7) TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Your personal data may be transferred within the EEA or to countries outside the EEA, that are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection of your personal data compared to the EEA. Instead we have provided appropriate safeguards as required by GDPR art. 49 (1) through EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
When transferring your personal data to vendors in the United States, we rely on their self-certification to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework (link) or, when this is not the case, on EU standard contractual clauses.
You may obtain a copy of the EU standard contractual clauses by contacting Us at: [email protected].
8) RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal data for as long as required to establish your role as inventor, and for a minimum period of twenty (20) years.
9) YOUR RIGHTS
In general, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. It is therefore not certain for example you have the right of data portability in the specific case – this depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
Last updated: August 2023